Like Tea Tree oil, Eucalyptus oil has a long history in Australia as a native medicinal product.
Indigenous Australians crushed the leaves of the Eucalyptus tree to make natural remedies. In the 1880’s, hospitals placed fresh branches of Eucalyptus leaves in hospital rooms as it was considered a natural antiseptic, air purifier and sleep remedy. Early settlers nicknamed Eucalyptus the “gum tree” due to its sticky sap. But it was an English pharmacist who immigrated to Australia in 1848 that eventually bottled and exported Eucalyptus oil as Australia’s first native export.
Our Waterpark Farm Eucalyptus oil is 100% organically farmed from Blue Mallee trees (Eucalyptus Polybractea), which is widely considered the highest quality of all Eucalyptus for oil production. Click here to shop.
Today, very few Australian homes are without a bottle of Eucalyptus oil in the bathroom or laundry. Our customers use our Eucalyptus oil to clean their homes or add it to a load of laundry as an antibacterial solution.
Eucalyptus is also known to be a powerful decongestant when inhaled for treatment of cold and flu, and can be used as a natural antiseptic on cuts and skin irritations. We also use the oil as a key ingredient in our Outdoor Spray to help keep bugs away!
Eucalyptus is such an iconic plant in Australia, and a valuable resource for us to distill and bottle, helping to protect Australian families in an all-natural way.
Top Tips for using Eucalyptus Oil in your home:
1) Make up a Eucalyptus spray containing four parts water and one part Eucalyptus Oil and use it to refresh your mattress and pillows. Spray over bedding and leave to dry.
If you have young kids, add a few drops on their favorite teddy bear.
2) Add a few drops of Eucalyptus Oil to your laundry powder or detergent for an antibacterial boost, and it will leave your clothes smelling great too!
3) Add a few drops in the mop bucket when cleaning, for sparkly fresh smelling floors.
4) Use some Eucalyptus Oil on a cloth to clean your stainless-steel appliances and sinks, you’ll be surprised how much they will sparkle!
5) Add few drops in your diffuser for that fresh clean smell throughout the house.
6) Diffuse Eucalyptus Oil for cold and coughs overnight, the powerful aroma and medicinal purpose of the Eucalyptus oil eases stuffy noses and helps with sleep if unwell.
To shop our natural Eucalyptus Oil in a range of sizes, check out our online store.